***Featured by Apple as Best Apps of 2010 and Best Apps of 2011***
***The first app in the AppStore with real 3D TV Support (*the feature works only on 3D TVs)***
Have you ever built a Solar system model? Cups, bowls, and papier-mache balls are in the past, because Solar Walk is a time-sensitive accurate information-packed interactive model of the Solar system and the Milky Way galaxy.
\u201CAmazing graphics, very informational, and very accurate. One of my favorite apps already! Worth the $2.99. The fast forwarding time interface is awesome!!!\u201D by staceelo
\u201CThis app is too amazing for words. Use it all the time and was worth the $.\u201D by ilikeapps1234567890
\u201CI showed my class this and they were all amazed! The planets looked so detailed and the Sun's glowing and fiery animation really captivated everyone's attention (including me!) I'd recommend anyone teaching or learning about the solar system this app. Five Stars!\u201D by Kevan M
This 3D Solar System model lets you navigate through space and time, see all the planets in close-up, learn their trajectories, inner structures, history of their exploration, points of interest and more. It even has detailed 3D models of the most interesting man-made satellites. Use 3D mode to get a more realistic experience and zoom out to view and spin the entire Galaxy!
WHAT EXPERTS SAY:
"One of the great things about Solar Walk is being able to see the scale of the Universe around us. It's a beautiful way to learn about our Universe,"© by Michael Tchao from The Telegraph.
\u201CZoom from Mercury to Pluto (which makes the cut in this app), passing each planet’s moons along the way. Because Solar Walk knows what time it is, the planets are in proper orientation to the Sun: Earth is dark where it is currently night and gradually lightens to daytime on the other side,\u201D© by Sam Grobart from The NYT.
\u201CInstead of exploring the night sky and deep space, you get to tour our Solar system in luscious 3D graphics. The iPad version is breathtaking with crisp graphics and beautiful color. The smooth finger controls combined with the spectacular graphics make this a perfect demo for the iPad. Dragging your finger to fly around the planets is a bit intoxicating, and I'm impressed with the smooth animation.\u201D © by Mel Martin, TUAW.
• GALAXY view - absolutely magical zoom out to view the whole galaxy option.
• TIME MACHINE - set any date you want including even minutes and take a travel through space and time.
• MOVIES - explanatory movie collection about the Earth’s phenomena.
• SATELLITES - real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites.
• LOCATIONS - arrow will show your current position on the globe, plus names of the biggest cities of the Earth, as well as sights of the Moon, Mars and Venus.
• INFO about all planets - general info, its name, its mass, radius, distance to the sun, internal structure with the picture and science missions.
• MOONS of DIFFERENT PLANETS: select a planet like Earth, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars or Urano and observe how many moons they have and their track around the planet. Select one of the moons and learn.
- MIRRORING - wirelessly mirror the screen to an Apple TV 2.
*No Internet connection required*
Mind that to use the 3D mode you will need a pair of cyan-red 3D glasses. And, yes, we know that Pluto is no longer considered a planet, but by popular vote it has been added to the Solar System Model anyway.
Vito Technology is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: all
Categories: Environment, Science